Friday 22 February 2008

Thump ow

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, according to the guy at the bike store, and according to my amazing ability to fall up stairs and such. The brakes were still being annoying this morning, so I stopped a few times on the way into work to fart around with them. Came up to a stoplight in the City, and, for some amazingly stupid reason, tried to just yank my feet off the pedals. Not so surprisingly, that didn't work, and I ended up just tipping over--banged my left knee up pretty well, but mostly just felt like the world's biggest dumbass. Tried to look at my shoes, as if it was somehow their fault (suppose it was, in a way). I went after that to the bike store to have them fix the brakes--they still aren't right. And my knee hurts. And I'm supposed to go for a bike ride tomorrow. Blah.

Also not so surprisingly, I've not been terribly productive this afternoon--I'm sure it's because I was traumatised. Really need to get job apps in this weekend, b/c it is very much time to get out of here--I am so bored. Hopefully I will be in a fit state on Sunday to do thinkie type things, after tomorrow night with James... Oh dear indeed. :-0

Anyway, not much else to say at the moment--I'm feeling a bit brain-mush.

No comments: